1. The Bible consisting of the old and new testaments to be the inspired, only infallible and authoritative Word of God. (2nd Peter 1:19-21, 2nd Tim. 3:16).
2. There is only one triune God eternally existent in three persons, The Father, The Son, and the Holy Ghost. (Exodus 20:2-3, 1st Cor. 8:6, Luke 3:22, Deut. 6:4, Isa. 43:10-11, and Matt. 28:18-20).
3. In the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in his being born of a virgin, His sinless life, His miracles, His purposeful substitutional death on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, and His ascension to the Father, and His personal return in power and glory. (Matt. 1:23, 28:6-7, Luke 1:31-32, 24:39, Acts 1:9-11, 2:22, 10:37-38, Heb. 1:3, 7:26-27, 1st Cor,15:3-6, 2nd. Cor. 5:21-6:1, Phil. 2:9-11).
4. That salvation is wholly of grace through the mediatorial work of Christ. It is wholly apart from works and is upon the sole condition of repentance and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. The sinner must be born again, being regenerated by the power of the Holy Ghost and become the recipient of a new nature. (Eph. 2::8-10, 2Peter 1:4, John 3:3-6, 10:28-29, Acts 13:39, Rom. 10:12-13.
5. There is a resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the saved to eternal life in heaven, the lost to eternal hell. (Matt. 25:46, 1st.Thess. 4:15-17, Rom. 3:23-24,1st.Cor. 15:51-52, John 14:2, Ps. 16:11).
6. That the church consists of baptized believers, covenanted together in faith and fellowship according to the gospel to observe the ordinances of Christ, be governed by his laws and to exercise the gifts, rights, and privileges invested in us by his Word. That the scriptural offices are: 1.Pastor/Elder and 2.Deacons. (Acts 2:41-42, Titus 1, Matt. 28:19-20).
7. That the Church is given the great commission to go into the entire world, preaching the gospel to every person using any and every God given opportunity and resource available to us. (Matt. 28:19-20, Mark 16:15-16, Luke 14:23, Acts 1:7-8).
8. That Christian Baptism is by the immersion into water of the professing believer. That it is the outward sign or testimony of an inward working of the Holy Ghost. Being buried in the likeness of His death and being also raised again in the likeness of His resurrection. And that the Lord’s supper is the commemoration of His death until He comes again. It shall always be preceded by solemn self-examination. (Rom. 6:3-5, Acts 8:36-39, 1st Cor. 11:23-28).
Home Spun Ministries is a church instituted for the purpose of sharing the gospel message of Jesus Christ to any and all who show interest . We believe that salvation is wholly by faith in Jesus Christ and not by works. We believe that by confessing our sins to God and repenting of them they are forgotten. We believe that Baptism is by immersion in water. We believe that all the above declarations must be met for membership into this body of believers.
We do hereby covenant together to further the cause of Christ in our community and to edify and encourage one another in doing so. In having been brought by divine grace to embrace the Lord Jesus Christ and give ourselves wholly to Him, we do now solemnly and joyfully covenant with each other to walk together with Him, in brotherly love, to His glory, as our common Lord.
We do therefore, in His strength, engage—-
That we will exercise a Christian care and watchfulness over each other, and faithfully warn, exhort, and admonish each other as occasion may require.
That we will not forsake the gathering of ourselves together, but will uphold the public worship of God, and the ordinances of His house.
That we will not neglect the family alter time at home, nor neglect the great duty of religiously training our children up in the way they should go.
That, as sure as we are the light of the world, and salt of the earth, we will seek divine aid to enable us to deny ungodliness, and every worldly lust, and to walk in the Spirit that we may win the souls of men.
That we will cheerfully contribute a portion of what God has blessed us with, for the maintenance of a faithful and evangelical ministry among us, for the support of the poor, and to spread the Gospel over the earth.
That we will in all conditions, even unto death, strive to live to the glory of Him who has called us out of darkness into His marvelous light.
“And may the God of peace, who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of His everlasting covenant, make us perfect in every good work, to do His will, working in us that which is well-pleasing in His sight through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory, forever and ever. Amen.”
God’s Word is the only sure foundation on which to base all of life’s decisions. If you would like more information or would perhaps partner with us in prayer or finances please visit the rest of our site or contact us.